Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Craft Day!

Well it is spring break finally! I'm SO sad to leave my kindergarten class and switch to first grade, BUT I'm thankful for the break from school this week. So today my friend Katie and I (check out her awesome blog) had a craft day together! We really never have time for fun crafts anymore so we set aside a day. It was so nice to have a day to devote to some crafts I've been eyeing and pinning!

So I decided to make a craft for my mentor teacher as part of a thank you gift to her. I of course saw this on pinterest and loved it!
I had a really hard time finding a good size bowl and one that is flat and even all the way around, but I went ahead with this one. Super simple obviously, BUT my crayons keep falling off! Darn hot glue on glass! Hopefully they eventually decide to stay because I think its a super cute bowl for a teacher. Just be careful to glue your crayons on straight...unlike me....:-)

I also decided to make her another item I saw on pinterest. It is just a clear plastic frame with scrapbook paper and sticky notes glued on. I'd like to add some more embellishments though possibly. 
Although, looking at it now...it might not need anything else! I thought it was a super cute idea for sticky notes!
So, I'll just give her those 2 items plus some other typical teacher stuff like glue sticks which she is always out of! ha And maybe even a little starbucks card!


Anywho...that was our craft day! I wish I had more of those! House to do 2012 update coming soon!

p.s. here is my adorable Molly...I also made her a tutu today! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment