Wednesday, March 21, 2012

House to do update

Well.....I finally got the living room and dining room painted! Which is super exciting! EXCEPT...not at all the color I was going for....I wanted a light tan and it looks super white most of the time, so I'm a little sad. However, I'm trying to work with it since it costs so much to do again since it is a large space. I am now buying new accessories and redecorating the way I want it more and hopefully that will distract me from the color. I'm giving it until May to decide whether or not to repaint for sure! I ordered some gorgeous mirrors for the living room from ballard (my new FAV) and I have gotten a few new things for the mantle, but it is definitely a work in progress!So here is the mantle in progress...suggestions?

 See the super bare white walls? ya....the white frame I picked up today at tj maxx for 8 bucks! couldn't resist! not sure if I'll keep it up there but I just needed a spot for it! The wedding pic used to be in our room but it was the largest thing I could find for the blank wall, so I think it is temporary cuz it can be a little awkward to have a massive wedding pic in your living room I think! We are having my sister's 30th birthday party here this weekend, so I'm a little nervous about the house being in such an uproar recently....it looks very unfinished and I don't like that, so I'm trying to make it look ok with what we already have.

I also bought a new comforter from Pottery barn and am waiting on a PB blanket and some cute Etsy pillows to put it all on!  Then I plan to paint the bedroom and bathroom myself...I'm thinking a grayish blueish color....
this is the pottery barn duvet I bought and the pic with the blue and yellow is really what I am striving for. 

I am getting quite a bit done on my House to do list for 2012!  Go me! I'm really excited! But it will all have to come to a halt again for a couple months for my last 2 months of school starting next week again!

My new Ballard Garden District Mirrors should arrive Friday and I'll post how wonderful they look then!

No comments:

Post a Comment