Saturday, February 18, 2012

2012 House Goals

What better time to write a blog than when you have a major test in 4 hours and an unfinished assignment that was due yesterday! :-)

I've been thinking alot about our house. Hubby has lived here for about 4 years and I have lived here for 2.5 years. Our goal was to live here together for about 5 years then move to our forever home. We already have a really nice house, especially for our age. However, I'm always wanting to move-what's wrong with me?! I just dream all day about beautiful homes! So I have made a decision! I have never put alot of time, effort or money into our home because I know it is temporary....there is my problem!! I have decided to invest in our current home so that I love it! I want to love our current home and be comfy here! Then maybe we can even stay a few years longer. :-)
So I made a realistic list in January of things I would like to do with our home this year.
Here it is:

-Paint the living room and kitchen
-Buy an office chair
-Replace our backyard fence
-Remove the massive pine tree and replace with something...don't know what yet...
-Replace our current coffee table
-Buy a large picture or painting for over our desk in the office
-replace the picture over an antique near the dining table
-Paint our bedroom and bathroom
-Buy a chair for our bedroom
-Put in a peephole
-Trim up a massive bush on our sidewalk
-Buy a new comforter
-Finish accessorizing the office

Ya....that's sort of a lot...and I get distracted....So realistically all of that probably will not happen, however I'm happy to have a list to go off of and try to accomplish some of it. Hubby already put in the peephole for me! I also get a little obsessed in the spring/summer about flowers and that is alot of work and money and I'm not great at it.

Luckily hubby will take care of getting the fence replaced, everything else will be up to me though...and well let's face it...that would be crazy expensive to do all of it! So I'll have to be creative....

Anywho, I'm hoping that come spring break and summer break that I won't be too busy to atleast accomplish painting the living room and kitchen...or well hiring someone to do that massive job! I am SO over painting by myself!! It is ALOT of work!!! I have painted 3 times in this house and I can do no more!

This post would be alot better with pictures....but ya know...I'm busy....See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment