Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yay! An almost done project!



Well tonight I found out there was a Hancock Fabrics store near where I was meeting old friends for dinner. Which by the way, I definitely need that time with my old girl friends. I miss seeing friends so much all the time, and just talking about cheer and girl things! Its fun! I'm so lucky they are still around town for a little while longer! :-) on a sad note my poor Iphone is on its last straw....it turned itself off today, then we finally got it back on and then I dropped it....without its case on...twice....from the table to the tile floor...now there is a rather large crack on the screen-ugh, this month sure is expensive!!!

But on a brighter note, I dropped the phone off the table while doing this project! :-) I have been wanting something a little more girly for our guest room,this whole house can some days still seem like a boys house! I have seen this on HGTV and I'm sure the same concept on blogs but of course I didn't do it the exact same way they did. Sometimes supplies are expensive or hard to find. I got the board from Michaels the other day, a little more than I would have liked to have paid for a plain white board but I wanted something with a little depth and I had a coupon, so I guess it only came to less than $4, not bad but not a steal! Then finally tonight I went and bought some super cute fabric! I just loved this! Pretty much the whole store said 1/2 price but of course the one I loved was not marked down...eeek. I decided to pay the super expensive price for this tiny project because I knew I would have leftover material and be able to do other projects with it and hopefully pay for itself? ya.... anyway without any further jibber jabber I made this board thing. I measured it all out, pinned it to the back really tightly and then hot glued it down(which I bought the hot glue gun tonight, my first very own hot glue gun, how exciting!). Now my only problem is I have no idea how to hang it! But I am very pleased with my end result! :-)It was not super cheap as I'd hoped, but super simple and fun, and will look great on my big empty wall!!

YAY tomorrow is Friday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment